Shillong is a hill station in the northeastern part of India and the capital of Meghalaya, which means "The Abode of Clouds" and is one of the smallest states in India. It is the headquarters of the East Khasi Hills district and is situated at an average altitude of 4,908 feet above sea level, with the highest point being Shillong Peak at 6,449 feet. Shillong is the 330th most populous city in India with a population of 143,229 according to the 2011 census. It is said that the rolling hills around the town reminded the European settlers of Scotland. Hence, they would also refer to it as the "Scotland of the East".
Shillong has steadily grown in size since it was made the civil station of the Khasi and Jaintia Hills in 1864 by the British. In 1874, on the formation of Assam as the Chief Commissioner's Province, it was chosen as the headquarters of the new administration because of its convenient location between the Brahmaputra and Surma valleys and more so because the climate of Shillong was much cooler than tropical India. Shillong remained the capital of undivided Assam until the creation of the new state of Meghalaya on 21 January 1972, when Shillong became the capital of Meghalaya, and Assam moved its capital to Dispur in Guwahati.
Day 1 : ARRIVAL AT GUWAHATI-SHILLONG (130 Kms / 3 ½ hrs drive)
Meet and greet at Guwahati Airport/Station and drive to Shillong. Enroute visit Umium Lake. Check in Hotel. Overnight in Shillong.
Day 2 : SHILLONG – CHERRAPUNJEE – SHILLONG (60 KMs / 2 hrs-One way)
After breakfast excursion to Cherrapunjee. Later return back to Shillong. Evening visit Local markets. Overnight in Shillong.
Day 3 : SHILLONG – KAZIRANGA (325 KMs / 7 HRS)
After breakfast drive to Kaziranga. Check in at hotel. Overnight at Kaziranga
Day 4 : KAZIRANGA
Early morning go for Elephant ride@ 5AM.Return for Breakfast Jeep safari in the Central Range. Overnight at Kaziranga
Day 5 : KAZIRANGA-GUWAHATI (250KMs/ 5HRS)
After Breakfast drive to Guwahati. Check in at Hotel Overnight at Guwahati.
Day 6 : GUWAHATI LOCAL
After breakfast visit Kamakhya temple, Navagraha temple, Umananda temple, Balaji Temple, state Zoo. Evening River cruise over the river Brahmaputra. Overnight in Guwahati.
Day 7 : DEPARTURE
After Breakfast drive to Guwahati Airport /Station. TOUR ENDS HERE WITH SWEET MEMORIES
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing Basis
- Meal Plan as mentioned in our Package (CP/MAP/AP).
- Exclusive non AC Vehicle as per itinerary on point to point basis not on disposal
- Please note that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be on point to point basis only.
- All hotel taxes
- Any Air Fare/Train fare/Helicopter fare.
- Personal Expenses (Laundry, telephone, tips, Mineral water, soft/hard drinks, cable car ride, rafting, Toy Train)
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in our itinerary.
- Guide charges, camera fees & Entrance Fees.
- Room Heater charges
- If any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances, etc. (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in fuel price & Taxes - package cost will be increase, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Insurance & service tax
- Anything which is not include in the inclusion.
- The hotels & rooms are subject to availability
- Cost is based on the Minimum / base category rooms of the hotels mentioned in our packages
- If the above mentioned hotels are not available then the similar category hotels will be provided
- Please carry valid Voter ID Card / Passport (Original & photocopy) along with 8 copies of recent passport size photographs.
- Child below 5 yrs are complimentary and child of age 6yrs to 10 yrs will be chargeable (child with bed / child without bed)
- Keep identity card/passport with yourself while travelling
- Take care of local traditions and customs especially while visiting religious places.
- Change money only at authorized Foreign Exchange Outlets/Banks/Hotels. Insist on receipt for money changed.
- Himalaya has a wide range of weather conditions. Do check the type of clothing and other equipment you may require for the region you are visiting.
- Dispose all litter carefully. The use of plastic bags is banned in Northeast.