The Dooars or Duars are the alluvial floodplains in northeastern India that lie south of the outer foothills of the Himalayas and north of the Brahmaputra River basin. This region is about 30 km wide and stretches over about 350 km from the Teesta River in West Bengal to the Dhanshiri River in Assam. The region forms the gateway to Bhutan.It is part of the Terai-Duar savanna and grasslands ecoregion.Dooars means 'doors' in Assamese, Bengali, Maithili, Bhojpuri, and Magahi languages.There are 18 passages or gateways between the hills in Bhutan and the plains in India.This region is divided by the Sankosh River into Eastern and Western Dooars, consisting of an area of 880 km2.The Western Dooars are also known as the Bengal Dooars, and the Eastern Dooars also as the Assam Dooars. Dooars is analogous with the Terai in northern India and southern Nepal.
Day 1 : NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Jaldapara (120 kms / 4 hrs)
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport & transfer to Jaldapara. On arrival Check-in to hotel & rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Jaldapara.
Day 2 : Jaldapara Wild Life Sanctuary – Lataguri / Chalsa (80 kms / 2 hrs)
Early morning at 06:00 hrs visit Jaldapara Wild Life Sanctuary on back of the Elephant / by Jeep (as per availability & on direct payment basis). Back to hotel for breakfast. Transfer to Lataguri / Chalsa. Overnight stay at Lataguri / Chalsa.
Day 3 : Gorumara National Park + Local Sightseeing
Early morning at 06:00 hrs visit Gorumara National Park (Watch Tower visit on direct payment basis) by Jeep. Back to hotel for breakfast. After breakfast visit Samsing, Suntalekhola&MurtiRiver side. In afternoon visit another WatchTower by Jeep. Overnight stay at Lataguri / Chalsa.
Day 4 : Lataguri / Chalsa – NJP Rly Station / IXB airport (90 kms / 3 hrs)
After breakfast Check-out from hotel and take the departure transfers to NJP Railway Station / IXB airport for your onward journey.
- Any Air Fare/Train fare/Helicopter fare.
- Personal Expenses (Laundry, telephone, tips, Mineral water, soft/hard drinks, cable car ride, rafting, Toy Train)
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in our itinerary.
- Guide charges, camera fees & Entrance Fees.
- Room Heater charges
- If any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances, etc. (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in fuel price & Taxes - package cost will be increase, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Insurance & service tax
- Anything which is not include in the inclusion.
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing Basis
- Meal Plan as mentioned in our Package (CP/MAP/AP).
- Exclusive non AC Vehicle as per itinerary on point to point basis not on disposal
- Please note that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be on point to point basis only.
- All hotel taxes
- The hotels & rooms are subject to availability
- Cost is based on the Minimum / base category rooms of the hotels mentioned in our packages
- If the above mentioned hotels are not available then the similar category hotels will be provided
- Please carry valid Voter ID Card / Passport (Original & photocopy) along with 8 copies of recent passport size photographs.
- Child below 5 yrs are complimentary and child of age 6yrs to 10 yrs will be chargeable (child with bed / child without bed)
- Keep identity card/passport with yourself while travelling
- Take care of local traditions and customs especially while visiting religious places.
- Change money only at authorized Foreign Exchange Outlets/Banks/Hotels. Insist on receipt for money changed.
- Himalaya has a wide range of weather conditions. Do check the type of clothing and other equipment you may require for the region you are visiting.
- Dispose all litter carefully. The use of plastic bags is banned in Northeast.