The Dooars or Duars are the alluvial floodplains in northeastern India that lie south of the outer foothills of the Himalayas and north of the Brahmaputra River basin. This region is about 30 km wide and stretches over about 350 km from the Teesta River in West Bengal to the Dhanshiri River in Assam. The region forms the gateway to Bhutan.It is part of the Terai-Duar savanna and grasslands ecoregion.Dooars means 'doors' in Assamese, Bengali, Maithili, Bhojpuri, and Magahi languages.There are 18 passages or gateways between the hills in Bhutan and the plains in India.This region is divided by the Sankosh River into Eastern and Western Dooars, consisting of an area of 880 km2.The Western Dooars are also known as the Bengal Dooars, and the Eastern Dooars also as the Assam Dooars. Dooars is analogous with the Terai in northern India and southern Nepal.
Day 1 : NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Darjeeling (75 kms / 3 hrs)
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport & transfer to Darjeeling (6,950 ft.). On arrival Check-in to hotel & rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 2 : Darjeeling Sightseeing
Early Morning (at 04:00 am) drive to Tiger hill (8,400 ft.) to watch the spectacular sunrise over Mt. Khangchendzongha (28,208 ft. Worlds 3rd highest peak), on your way back visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop. After breakfast visit Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park (Thursday closed), Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre (Sunday closed), Tea Garden (outer view), Ropeway and Japanese Temple. Evening free for shopping or leisure. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 3 : Darjeeling – Kalimpong (57 kms / 2 ½ hrs) Sightseeing
After Breakfast transfer to Kalimpong (3,950 ft.). On arrival Check-in to your hotel. Afternoon enjoy half day tour of Kalimpong Visit Mangal Dham, Deolo Hill, Dr. Graham’s Home, Golf Garden, Durpin Dara Hills & Pine View Nursery. Overnight stay at Kalimpong.
Day 4 : Kalimpong – Gangtok (75 kms / 3 hrs) Local Sightseeing
After breakfast transfer to Gangtok (5,500 ft.). On arrival check-in to your hotel. Afternoon proceed for a half day city tour visiting Flower show, Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, Institute of Tibetology, Dro-dul Chorten, Enchey Monastery &Banjakhri Falls (maximum 3-4 hours). Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 5 : Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
After breakfast start for an excursion to TsomgoLake (12,400 ft.) & Baba Mandir (13,200 ft.) which is 55 kms one way from Gangtok city. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 6 : Gangtok – NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport (120 kms / 5 hrs)
After breakfast Check-out from hotel in time and take the departure transfer to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward
- Any Air Fare/Train fare/Helicopter fare.
- Personal Expenses (Laundry, telephone, tips, Mineral water, soft/hard drinks, cable car ride, rafting, Toy Train)
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in our itinerary.
- Guide charges, camera fees & Entrance Fees.
- Room Heater charges
- If any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances, etc. (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in fuel price & Taxes - package cost will be increase, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Insurance & service tax
- Anything which is not include in the inclusion.
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing Basis
- Meal Plan as mentioned in our Package (CP/MAP/AP).
- Exclusive non AC Vehicle as per itinerary on point to point basis not on disposal
- Please note that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be on point to point basis only.
- All hotel taxes
- The hotels & rooms are subject to availability
- Cost is based on the Minimum / base category rooms of the hotels mentioned in our packages
- If the above mentioned hotels are not available then the similar category hotels will be provided
- Please carry valid Voter ID Card / Passport (Original & photocopy) along with 8 copies of recent passport size photographs.
- Child below 5 yrs are complimentary and child of age 6yrs to 10 yrs will be chargeable (child with bed / child without bed)
- Keep identity card/passport with yourself while travelling
- Take care of local traditions and customs especially while visiting religious places.
- Change money only at authorized Foreign Exchange Outlets/Banks/Hotels. Insist on receipt for money changed.
- Himalaya has a wide range of weather conditions. Do check the type of clothing and other equipment you may require for the region you are visiting.
- Dispose all litter carefully. The use of plastic bags is banned in Northeast.