Gangtok is a city, municipality, the capital and the largest town of the Indian state of Sikkim. It also is the headquarters of the East Sikkim district. Gangtok is located in the eastern Himalayan range, at an elevation of 1,650 m. The town's population of 100,000 are from different ethnicities such as Nepalis, Lepchas and Bhutia. Nestled within higher peaks of the Himalaya and enjoying a year-round mild temperate climate, Gangtok is at the centre of Sikkim's tourism industry.Gangtok rose to prominence as a popular Buddhist pilgrimage site after the construction of the Enchey Monastery in 1840. In 1894, the ruling Sikkimese Chogyal, Thutob Namgyal, transferred the capital to Gangtok. In the early 20th century, Gangtok became a major stopover on the trade route between Lhasa in Tibet and cities such as Kolkata in British India. After India won its independence from Britain in 1947, Sikkim chose to remain an independent monarchy, with Gangtok as its capital. In 1975, after the integration with the union of India, Gangtok was made India's 22nd state capital.
Day 1 : NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Gangtok (120 kms / 5 hrs)
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport & transfer to Gangtok (5,500 ft.). On arrival Check-in to hotel & rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 2 : Gangtok Local Sightseeing
Start for a Full day city tour covering Tashi view point, Ganesh Tok, Hanuman Tok, Flower show, Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, Institute of Tibetology, Dro-dul Chorten, Enchey Monastery &Banjakhri Falls (maximum 6 hours). Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 3 : Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
After breakfast start for an excursion to Tsomgo Lake (12,400 ft.) & Baba Mandir (13,200 ft.) which is 55 kms one way from Gangtok city. Overnight stay at Gangtok. (In case of Land slide or any other reason Tsomgo Lake is closed we will provided alternate sightseeing.)
Day 4 : Gangtok – NJP Rly Station / IXB airport (120 kms / 5 hrs)
After breakfast Check-out from hotel and take the departure transfer to NJP Railway Station / IXB airport for your onward journey.
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing Basis
- Meal Plan as mentioned in our Package (CP/MAP/AP).
- Exclusive non AC Vehicle as per itinerary on point to point basis not on disposal
- Please note that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be on point to point basis only.
- All hotel taxes
- Any Air Fare/Train fare/Helicopter fare.
- Personal Expenses (Laundry, telephone, tips, Mineral water, soft/hard drinks, cable car ride, rafting, Toy Train)
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in our itinerary.
- Guide charges, camera fees & Entrance Fees.
- Room Heater charges
- If any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances, etc. (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in fuel price & Taxes - package cost will be increase, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Nathula Pass, Zero point, Kataow, Ropeway &Mirik Lake. (Valid only for Sikkim & North Bengal)
- Insurance & service tax
- Anything which is not include in the inclusion.
- The hotels & rooms are subject to availability
- Cost is based on the Minimum / base category rooms of the hotels mentioned in our packages
- If the above mentioned hotels are not available then the similar category hotels will be provided
- Please carry valid Voter ID Card / Passport (Original & photocopy) along with 8 copies of recent passport size photographs.
- Child below 5 yrs are complimentary and child of age 6yrs to 10 yrs will be chargeable (child with bed / child without bed)
- Keep identity card/passport with yourself while travelling
- Take care of local traditions and customs especially while visiting religious places.
- Change money only at authorized Foreign Exchange Outlets/Banks/Hotels. Insist on receipt for money changed.
- Himalaya has a wide range of weather conditions. Do check the type of clothing and other equipment you may require for the region you are visiting.
- Dispose all litter carefully. The use of plastic bags is banned in Northeast.