Darjeeling is a city and a municipality in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is located in the Lesser Himalayas at an elevation of 6,700 ft. It is noted for its tea industry, its views of Kangchenjunga, the world's third-highest mountain, and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Darjeeling is the headquarters of the Darjeeling District which has a partially autonomous status within the state of West Bengal. It is also a popular tourist destination in India.The recorded history of the town starts from the early 19th century when the colonial administration under the British Raj set up a sanatorium and a military depot in the region. Subsequently, extensive tea plantations were established in the region and tea growers developed hybrids of black tea and created new fermentation techniques.The resultant distinctive Darjeeling tea is internationally recognised and ranks among the most popular black teas in the world.The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway connects the town with the plains and has some of the few steam locomotives still in service in India.
Day 1 : NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Darjeeling (75 kms / 3 hrs)
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport & transfer to Darjeeling (6,950 ft.).On arrival Check-in to hotel & rest of the day at leisure.Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 2 : Darjeeling Sightseeing
Early Morning (at 04:00 am) drive to Tiger hill (8,400 ft.) to watch the spectacular sunrise over Mt. Khangchendzongha (28,208 ft. Worlds’ 3rd highest peak), on your way back visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop. After breakfast visit Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park (Thursday closed), Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre (Sunday closed), Tea Garden (outer view), Ropeway and Japanese Temple. Evening free for shopping or leisure. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 3 : Mirik Excursion (49 kms / 2 hrs one way)
After breakfast full day excursion trip to Mirik Lake (4,902 ft.) via Indo-Nepal Border (Extra vehicle charges will be applicable for Nepal Border to Pasupati Market). Mirik is famous for its man-made Sumendu Lake, Cardamom plantations and Tea Estates. (One can do Boating on direct payment basis in lake). In evening return to the hotel. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 4 : Darjeeling – NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport (75 kms / 3 hrs)
After breakfast Check-out from hotel and take the departure transfers to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward journey.
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing Basis
- Meal Plan as mentioned in our Package (CP/MAP/AP).
- Exclusive non AC Vehicle as per itinerary on point to point basis not on disposal
- Please note that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be on point to point basis only.
- All hotel taxes
- Any Air Fare/Train fare/Helicopter fare.
- Personal Expenses (Laundry, telephone, tips, Mineral water, soft/hard drinks, cable car ride, rafting, Toy Train)
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in our itinerary.
- Guide charges, camera fees & Entrance Fees.
- Room Heater charges
- If any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances, etc. (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in fuel price & Taxes - package cost will be increase, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Nathula Pass, Zero point, Kataow, Ropeway &Mirik Lake. (Valid only for Sikkim & North Bengal)
- Insurance & service tax
- Anything which is not include in the inclusion.
- The hotels & rooms are subject to availability
- Cost is based on the Minimum / base category rooms of the hotels mentioned in our packages
- If the above mentioned hotels are not available then the similar category hotels will be provided
- Please carry valid Voter ID Card / Passport (Original & photocopy) along with 8 copies of recent passport size photographs.
- Child below 5 yrs are complimentary and child of age 6yrs to 10 yrs will be chargeable (child with bed / child without bed)
- Keep identity card/passport with yourself while travelling
- Take care of local traditions and customs especially while visiting religious places.
- Change money only at authorized Foreign Exchange Outlets/Banks/Hotels. Insist on receipt for money changed.
- Himalaya has a wide range of weather conditions. Do check the type of clothing and other equipment you may require for the region you are visiting.
- Dispose all litter carefully. The use of plastic bags is banned in Northeast.